Transmission Automated Solutions (TAS) has announced the general availability of its eponymous TAS software packages.
According to the company, the service was initially developed specifically for a local company in Springfield, Missouri, but is now being expanded to be offered to other businesses.
One shop that has benefited from this software was Ace Transmission in Springfield, which TD profiled in 2021.
“Efficiency and managing costs were the two priorities and I believe TAS has nailed both of those,” says Bob Allen of TAS sales. “After talking to others in the industry, including some of the largest remanufacturers in the country, we were convinced of the need in the industry.”
According to the company, benefits and features include the following:
- Core management – from buying, storing, tracking, etc.
- Remanufacturing from teardown, build, dyno, shipping, and warranty along with real-time cost information every step of the way.
- Sales with a sales and wholesaler portal, and a Sales CRM module.
- Inventory integrated with different parts vendors such as Transtar to buy the inventory at the best price.
- The Retail portion is fully integrated with Remanufacturing allowing users to know if a part is available during the quoting process.
- A Retail process that automates the entire quoting, diagnostic, and R&R processes but also reports real-time metrics for each service ticket to make sure they are as profitable as possible.
According to Allen, the shops that can benefit the most from TAS include “remanufacturers building more than 20 units a month, or in the process of growing their business. Our software is built to serve small to extremely large production facilities. On the retail side it is whoever needs a transmission retail solution for their business.”
Allen describes the software as “unofficially” avaiable now, but it will be showcased first at ATRA Powertrain Expo this summer.