Launch highlights the X-431 Throttle III diagnostic scan tool that uses Wi-Fi and SmartLink VCI connectivity. Released in late 2021, it is aimed at assisting technicians with OE-level, accurate vehicle diagnostics, ADAS calibrations, IMMO functionality, remote tech-to-tech collaborative diagnostics, FCA security, gateway access and compliance, heavy-duty truck diagnostics and more.
The operation system is based on the Android 9.0 platform with a 2.0 gigahertz, Octacore computer processor that delivers performance and speed. The display is a 13.3-in. responsive touch screen. Memory capacity includes 8 gigabytes with up to an additional 256 gigabytes of storage. Camera functionality is an 8 megapixel front with a 13 megapixel rear.
Some of the features of the Throttle III include:
- A topology module, which provides a snapshot of all control modules on board of vehicles and their statuses.
- OBD port pin detection function shows pin voltage, data rate and additional protocols to assistant communication error, when connecting to a vehicle.
- Engine operating variables that can be shown and monitored in real time to deduce intermittent faults and overall operation of various engine systems.
- Code Assist by Identifix, diagnostic trouble code repair and fixed database helps technic with tips and repair advice on complex and difficult cases.
- Real-time vehicle battery voltage monitoring during live and connected diagnostics;
- Bidirectional scan functionality;
- Various coding and module programming capabilities;
- Adherence to OEM vehicle communication protocols and standards;
- Oscilloscope compatibility with add-on modules for complex electrical diagnosis with waveform analysis.
Additional add-on modules include an ADAS calibration, key programming, battery tester, TPMS service, videoscope and a sensor box.